10 ways to increase online presence as a healthcare practitioner. Health is the greatest of human blessings, quoted by Hippocrates. And the person who helps us to maintain our health are healthcare professionals. In recent times online ratings have gained immense popularity, and even the patients or the people tend to see the online ratings first before they go to consult a doctor. Ratings for healthcare providers or professionals are growing popular in the US as well as worldwide. Medical health providers receive ratings from both commercial and federal agencies.
There have been studies done related to how the rating system creates an impact on healthcare professionals. According to one such study, people were shown two rating cards of Physician A and Physician B. And they were asked to choose between the two. So due to obvious reasons, the people would prefer the physician who has got the 5-star rating. So the study goes like this: around 1000 Americans were asked to choose between a pair of physicians in an experiment. The scenario was completely hypothetical as they didn't want to name someone.
So they hypothetically created a list of pairs of physicians who have been rated by the government and commercial agencies in the different aspects of medical care. So while analyzing the data, they got quite known results and stated that how the ratings have importance on choosing a doctor. Irrespective of the nonclinical agencies' ratings like the commercial agencies and the clinical agencies like the government agencies, people chose the physicians who had the highest rating. However, the nonclinical ratings were found to be important in the female section. When seen in similar studies, it was seen that the patients are somehow more inclined to rely more on commercial websites for nonclinical ratings and increasing their online presence.
However, medical or healthcare practitioners and their area of specialization can build a strong rating online by just enhancing interpersonal and communication skills. So there are some ways to increase online brand presence as a healthcare professional. Here are 10 ways to increase online presence as a healthcare practitioner:
- As mentioned above, it's essential to communicate to the patients very clearly and empathetically, most importantly. It's a very clear fact that if the communication between the healthcare professional and the patient is clear and the rapport established between them is right, this will lead to patient satisfaction, which will contribute to high patient ratings. So this doesn't mean that only the relationship between the patient and the professional will just do. It's also the environment of the setup. The elements of the hospital also play a vital role in increasing a patient's satisfaction level.
- Strong care and coordination is another emerging factor in increasing ratings online of the professionals. The fact that team coordination and communication will build a safer environment for the patient so that the patient has a sense of safety will lead to satisfaction. It's fancy and nice how certain hospitals have fancy meals, Sunday newspapers, etc. However, it's also important how the environment makes the patient feel.
- Holding providers accountable and fostering the patient's safety is again an important part of the increasing online ratings. It has been seen that the communication that is established between the patient and healthcare professionals has played a more critical role in increasing the satisfaction of the patient. It was also seen that the patients had the highest satisfaction when the communication was not just communication but empathetic communication. Patients have a strong sense of being heard, and if the professional is a good listener, this will act as a gem to their ratings.
- Offering patients desirable technology solutions act as a plus point in increasing the professionals' rating as such. The technology is booming, and the patients are definitely using the technology to know better, and also, they are participating in some way or other. Studies show that 80% of Americans use the internet. Using the internet enables them to consult many other health professionals digitally. So it's important to provide patients what they need and according to the clinical needs.
- Create a roadmap for improved offerings. It's important to keep a check on the services as a healthcare profession. Medical science is rapidly growing, and so is technology. It's important to keep track of both of these aspects. People use the internet and have full access to other healthcare services. So it's important to keep a check on the services that you have as a professional provider.
- The online rating system will somehow foster a collaborative environment between the providers and healthcare plans. This collaboration will increase technology and non-technology based outcomes and will lead to better ratings.
- Prioritizing the user experience will work wonders. The rating system will give you a brief idea of what areas you need to put your efforts into, and then you can conveniently work on the same area and broaden it. If required, mobile applications, websites, etc., can also be developed, making healthcare a user-friendly thing. The easier access the patients get to your services, the more satisfaction the patients will have, encouraging them to give a higher rating.
- Customer services is a vast area of concern if it comes to star ratings. It makes the FAQs, 24*7 customer services, and chats support necessary to provide an optimal service to the clients. The health care providers can also provide active help to the patients by creating a one on one health report, and so they can track that health daily, if required then reminders can be generated for the same, so on. One can easily find healthcare practitioners by merely searching ‘healthcare practitioners near me’ on any search engine.
- Taking a new approach to training is important. In this field, it's important to know the healthcare sector's nuances, including both the hard skills and soft skills. Members come from different backgrounds; therefore, it's essential to work on the best long term outcome strategies accordingly.
- Focus on reviews a lot. It's important to take short reviews so that patients' needs can be considered and heard. It is important to onboard using a thoughtful process. Instead of using a short-sighted onboarding process, it's better to initially take thoughtful and comprehensive steps and provide starting packages to the members. This will act as the first step in building up rapport.