Why should we use infographics as part of SEO strategy? This question usually invades our minds as Infographics have gained a lot of popularity on the web, especially on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook, over the years. Infographics have continued to be a popular medium to increase social shares and spread awareness about your business, despite what skeptics have stated about them. Several organizations and companies show their interest in infographics due to their success in delivering information simply and quickly to the target audience. Why should a business use infographics? A large amount of unique traffic can be directed to a website by a genuinely compelling and engaging infographic.
What are infographics?
Why should we use infographics? With a combination of words and pictures, infographics help describe a complex issue creatively and efficiently to the targeted audience.
What's the big deal about infographics?
- Infographics facilitate higher ranking in search engines when used together with other web elements.
- Infographics make complex and heavy topics exciting and easy to understand.
- Many people are using mobile phones to search for a website or look up any kind of information due to the continuous advancements in technology. One of the most effective ways to make your content shareable to tablets, smartphones, and various other devices are infographics.
- Infographics present your message in a visually pleasing manner, which also sustains your readers' attention and leaves an impact on the minds of your audiences.
SEO and infographics
From the SEO point of view, infographics are one of the most effective methods of link building today. In comparison to other link building methods on the internet, it can generate several backlinks. Here is a list of reasons that explain why infographics have become more compelling over the years:
- Enhancing brand awareness: Through their engaging visual content, infographics can impart informative and essential information about your brand, services, or products. An infographic can be a useful communication tool for showcasing your brand if created precisely and correctly. According to experts in digital marketing, an infographic can also increase website traffic by a significant percentage and enhance brand awareness.
- Successful marketing tool: Infographics have become a vital digital marketing tool for digital marketers and online businesses. Google Trends has even registered a continually growing interest of online users in infographics as an essential piece of information. The growing interest of users today in content with visual matter compared to a straight part of data is the key reason behind the increasing popularity of infographics. Thus, you can use infographics as a useful marketing tool to reach out to several targeted audiences by both digital marketers and online business owners.
- Make content go viral: When compared to explicit content, content marketing that contains visual elements can generate over 95% of views, according to a study. It proves that adding infographics to your content can enhance your viewership and make your content go viral.
- Infographics are linkable and shareable: Online digital marketers can get many results via infographics. An infographic can be easily shared several months after its initial publishing on a website, and it also retains the relevancy of the topic.
- Additional inbound marketing opportunities: Well-researched content from reliable sources will always boost a company's online credibility. Further, you can generate inbound marketing opportunities by reusing the research for data and unique information for infographics. You can have expertise in the field of infographics if you know how to make proper use of graphs, charts, pictures, tables, and other visual elements. You will be able to generate more likes, followers, and subscribers and eventually drive more traffic to your website if you make fair use of attention-grabbing visual elements in your infographics.
Designing search engine optimized infographics
Infographics are the most effective digital marketing strategy to present information or data in a graphic visual form because it can turn a complicated and boring subject into a captivating experience. Infographics are visually engaging, contain appealing subject matter, and are easily digestible bits of content that help get your message across in the best possible way. Lastly, the combination of infographics and other engaging content across your social channels and website will be advantageous to you.
- Do not overwhelm the audience: The point of designing infographics is to make data representation easy to understand. The audience will lose interest if the view is overwhelmed with too much information at once. Extensive use of designs or images or too many colors in the background may make it difficult to interpret the data. People want to look at easy to digest, crisp, short data in today's world; else, they will be distracted and click somewhere else.
- Make it unique: It is vital to make your infographic engaging by giving it a unique touch to design a useful infographic. Excitingly presenting the information or using something surprising in an ordinary chart or bar graph will surely draw and sustain your target audience's interest.
- Creative and bold message: It is essential to keep your direct message creative and bold. For example, You can use various shapes and images in place of some words or letters to emphasize the meaning of your message creatively.
- Keep the text minimal: Ensure that your infographics are simple, with minimal use of words because a page full of stories might cause your audience to lose interest. However, it is essential to include the necessary bits of information that play a role in capturing the audience's attention.
- Add sharing buttons: It is crucial to add sharing buttons that allow people to share information with their friends to get your message across to many audiences. Some of the sources through which you can easily get your news across the world are Twitter, Facebook, Google+, and Pinterest. One also needs to make sure that the social sharing buttons provided are easy to use and not too complicated.
Hence, this is why we should use infographics as a part of SEO strategy. Haven't you yet designed your infographic SEO strategy even after understanding so much in-depth?